- administration of high flow O2
- provision of PEEP
- provision of controlled ventilation
- provision of augmentation of spontaneous ventilation
We take a look at the relatively new airway management technique of Apnoeic Oxygenation, explaining
– what it is and how we perform it
– how it works
– what’s the evidence
– when we should use it
and include some techniques that are BEYOND THE BASICS.
This is our very first Bite-Sized Basics post and the topic is Preoxygenation.
Preoxygenation (PreOx) is a critical step performed prior to intubation or sedation to extend the period of safe apnoea. We take a look at:
– how best to perform it and the choice of Preox devices in the ED
– what to do when we run into problems achieving PreOx